Seabourn has launched its first-ever “Grand Africa Voyage.” Departing November 30, 2024, Seabourn Sojourn will circumnavigate the continent and sail more than 17,000 miles during a 90-day roundtrip adventure from Barcelona, Spain. The journey will offer a world of experiences for guests, visiting 44 marquee and off-the-beaten path ports and cities throughout 26 countries, with six overnight stays on the itinerary.
The only ultra-luxury ship to sail around the entire continent, Seabourn Sojourn will visit a blend of historically profound destinations on its Grand Africa Voyage. Highlights include Alexandria, Cairo, Tel Aviv and Jerusalem; luscious, tropical paradises such as the Seychelles and Bom Bom Island; lands with breathtaking, diverse landscapes and wildlife such as Kenya, Madagascar and Zanzibar; and culturally rich destinations such as Cape Town, Morocco and Mozambique. In addition to renowned destinations, guests can discover Africa’s lesser-known gems such as Luanda, the “Paris” of Africa, and Cape Verde, the “Gateway to the West.
Once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences available on the Grand Africa Voyage are endless. Guests can explore Africa’s natural beauty via safari, hikes, scuba, snorkeling and other enriching cultural experiences, such as a visit to a camel milk farm, botanical gardens, living archaeological museums, and more. In addition, several optional multi-day Seabourn Journeys will be available at various destinations, offering in-depth opportunities to explore treasured sites on land that cannot be accessed on single-day excursions from the ship, including a gorilla sanctuary, Victoria Falls and more.
Featured destinations on the Grand Africa Voyage include:
– Alexandria (Cairo), Egypt – Guests will get a glimpse into Egypt’s rich past and present while spending an evening in Cairo, Egypt’s second-largest city and epicenter of cultural and historical significance, offering a fascinating blend of ancient landmarks, stunning architecture, and vibrant markets. Guests will have the option to join an excursion to see the Pyramids at Giza.
– Safaga (Luxor), Egypt – Located on the Egyptian side of the Red Sea, Safaga is the gateway to some of Egypt’s most memorable destinations: Luxor, Karnak and Thebes. Luxor has often been called the world’s greatest open-air museum, and the number and preservation of the monuments in the area are unparalleled anywhere else in the world.
– Mombasa, Kenya – Guests can experience Kenya’s wildlife up close in Mombasa with overnight Seabourn Journeys, including Tsavo National Park Safaris, a Masai Mara National Reserve Safari and a Rwanda Gorilla Trek. Mombasa, a vibrant coastal city with beautiful beaches, warm climate, rich history and delicious cuisine, has a blend of African, Arabic, and European cultures.
– Cape Town, South Africa – Known as the “Mother City” of South Africa, Cape Town is a cosmopolitan metropolis of breathtaking natural beauty, with iconic landmarks such as Table Mountain, pristine beaches, and a rich cultural heritage that reflects its unique blend of African, European, and Asian influences. It’s also a hub for adventure tourism, offering a range of thrilling outdoor activities to enjoy, including catamaran sailing, kayaking and more.
– Bom Bom Island, Sao Tome & Principe – Seabourn guests will enjoy a beach BBQ on Bom Bom Island, a hidden gem of natural beauty and tranquility. With its pristine beaches, lush tropical forests, and crystal-clear waters, visitors can expect a serene and unforgettable experience in one of Africa’s most enchanting destinations.
– Casablanca, Morocco – Guests will spend an evening in Casablanca, the vibrant economic hub of Morocco. With its bustling souks, stunning architecture, and vibrant nightlife, it offers visitors a unique and authentic taste of Moroccan life, steeped in history, culture, and tradition.
Guests who book the full 90-day Grand Africa Voyage will receive a value-packed menu of complimentary benefits and amenities, including:
– Gala Bon Voyage dinner & overnight hotel stay at Hotel Majestic prior to departure in Barcelona
– Roundtrip business-class air
– $2,000USD Shipboard Credit per oceanview and veranda suite ($1,000USD shipboard credit per person
– $3,000USD Shipboard Credit per Penthouse and premium suite ($1,500USD shipboard credit per person)
– Private car transfers door-to-door between home and airport
In addition, guests who book the Grand Africa Voyage and pay in full by July 26, 2023, will receive an additional 10% savings off the cruise-only fare.
Open for sale now, the full itinerary and additional details are available on Seabourn’s website.